Step 2: Inpatient Addiction Treatment
A typical day in the adult chemical dependency treatment program
Once detox is complete, or if an individual does not require these services, they begin treatment in our inpatient chemical dependency program. Inpatient treatment provides 24/7 supervision, and it is our most acute level of care. There are several treatment methods that patients will engage in during their time in this program. These methods include:
- A wide array of groups geared towards providing education and support
- Once-per-week individual sessions
- Daily meetings with an addictions specialist
- Family education opportunities, which are held on Saturdays and Sundays
- Family therapy on an as-needed basis
- Medication management services with a psychiatrist
- Activity therapies, including pet therapy
- Thorough discharge planning
This program incorporates The Hazelden Curriculum, 12-step model for recovery, and motivational interviewing within the services provided, and the compassionate staff is well-trained in administering care that has been proven effective for countless adults.
Step 3: Discharge & Continuing Care Planning
Addiction treatment discharge planning for continuing care
Once a man or woman has completed treatment in the Chemical Dependency Program, the discharge plan devised will be put into action. We can assist you or your loved one in beginning a lower level of care or provide you with referrals that can meet your or your loved one’s unique needs.
If you or someone you care about is in need of exceptional a mental health or chemical dependency treatment program, look no further than Harbor Oaks Hospital in New Baltimore, MI.
We offer a variety of psychiatric and behavioral health treatment programs for all ages:
Children & Adolescents (Ages 4-17)
Adults (Ages 18 – 54)
- Inpatient Treatment: Acute care that stabilizes children & adolescents treating anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, autism spectrum disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), learning disorders, and conduct disorders.
- Specialized Inpatient Treatment: Acute care unit specifically designed to stabilize children & adolescents who face a developmental disability, such as autism, in addition to behavioral & psychiatric concerns
Older Adults (Ages 55+)
- Inpatient Treatment: 24/7 care aimed at stabilizing adult patients facing mental health disorders and addiction
- Partial Hospitalization Treatment: Less-intensive care for adult patients that takes place 5 days per week for adults with depression, anxiety, or self-injurious behavior
- Inpatient Treatment: Intensive care that stabilizes older adults & provides health maintenance programming. Furthermore, reality-oriented groups are offered in our older adult inpatient program for patients who are struggling with dementia and/or other cognitive concerns.
Our intake department is staffed with licensed clinicians who are available to offer assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Prospective patients have the option of either calling our intake department or walking into the hospital when they are ready to begin the admissions process. The staff at Harbor Oaks Hospital will conduct a comprehensive evaluation that assesses our patients’ needs for various levels of care, and will then verify benefits with the patients’ health insurance companies.
Following this evaluation, and based on the presenting concerns provided by each individual and his or her family members, one of our doctors will give a recommendation for the most appropriate level of care. Authorization will then obtained from the patient’s insurance company, and the patient will be signed into the inpatient program or will be given the appropriate information for beginning outpatient treatment.
Everyone deserves quality care. Our team works with each patient to ensure they receive the best possible coverage for the treatment they need.
Harbor Oaks Hospital provides leading treatment for adolescents, adults, and older adults suffering with mental and behavioral health problems and addiction. When you choose one of our programs, our entire team works with you to assure you will receive the best possible care and treatment for you or your loved one.
We accept the following insurance plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
We also accept private pay
and other major insurance plans
. Please call to discuss your insurance benefi